E-mail image problem - Correction

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jun 21 01:00:42 UTC 2012

On 06/21/2012 08:55 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> On 20/06/12 20:03, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 06/21/2012 04:56 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>>>     He says he sent that from his phone but he tried from his computer
>>>     earlier and just over the last few days I've had several episodes
>>>     like that from several correspondents, all running some version of
>>>     Windows.
>>>
>>>     Any thoughts on what is wrong?
>> You say the other side is running various versions of windows....  Have you seen or
>> have you gotten any emails with images from non-windows users?
>
>    Not since this problem became manifest, only Windows, I can get
>    someone to send an image from a Mac as a test. Probably later
>    tonight or tomorrow.

Would it be acceptable for someone from this list to send you an image file?

>> Also, are you running your own mail server....or is your server on your ISP?
>
>    Just the ISP's server, actually it's "pop.gmail.com" although the
>    mail address is wildblue.net, they no longer have their own servers.

OK.....  So, you use POP in T-bird to get your email as opposed to using fetchmail or
bring the mail to a local store....

Do you have it configured for keeping emails on gmail?  If so, what happens if you
use their web GUI to check your emails?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage