E-mail image problem - Correction

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jun 21 01:26:41 UTC 2012

On 20/06/12 21:00, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/21/2012 08:55 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

>>> You say the other side is running various versions of windows....  Have you seen or
>>> have you gotten any emails with images from non-windows users?
>>     Not since this problem became manifest, only Windows, I can get
>>     someone to send an image from a Mac as a test. Probably later
>>     tonight or tomorrow.
> Would it be acceptable for someone from this list to send you an image file?

    Anything to help define the cause. I do keep it set not to download
    messages larger than 350 kb, which means I have to click to download
    the image files in question but that has never been a problem in the
    past.

>>> Also, are you running your own mail server....or is your server on your ISP?
>>     Just the ISP's server, actually it's "pop.gmail.com" although the
>>     mail address is wildblue.net, they no longer have their own servers.
>>
> OK.....  So, you use POP in T-bird to get your email as opposed to using fetchmail or
> bring the mail to a local store....

    Correct.

> Do you have it configured for keeping emails on gmail?  If so, what happens if you
> use their web GUI to check your emails?

    I had to look, but yes it is set to leave messages on their server,
    I don't usually do that but I've been testing another computer F-17,
    and that must have seemed like a good idea at the time? Easy enough
    to change if you think it might cause trouble but again this is all
    stuff I've done in the past without running into problems.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box7