Fedora 18 will install certain updates when rebooting - but only through Gnome3

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jun 21 12:23:32 UTC 2012

Am 21.06.2012 14:16, schrieb Javier Perez:
> I do not get. The Fedora Engineering Commitee seems to making bizarre choices.
>
> For example, this update while rebooting thing. It is a good thing. Therefore I do not understand why make it work
> only through gnome-packagekit <http://www.packagekit.org/pk-intro.html>. It should work at a more fundamental
> level, at the Yum level.

no, please leave yum users which are mostly people knowing what they
are doing in peace with this microsoft-style

i have enough work rebuild every server package to remove the
braindead "restart on update" out of the SPEC-files to not
break dist-upgrades and controlled updates on > 20 machines

no, thanks, i know hat i am doing and i am able to restart
my services without ANY reboot execpt kernel updates