display frustration

Mark Haney markh at abemblem.com
Thu Jun 21 16:40:51 UTC 2012

On 06/21/2012 12:04 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:45:58 -0400,
> Mark Haney <markh at abemblem.com> wrote:
>> On 06/20/2012 10:31 AM, Dokuro wrote:
>>
>> It's a brand new card and it works perfectly in Windows 7 on the same
>> hardware.
>
> You should probably file a bug against xorg-x11-drv-ati. If you aren't
> running f17 you might also want to see how it works on an f17 live image.

I may do that.  I've got a couple of things to try however.  I just
installed F17 on that machine, but got the same problem when I tried
installing Kubuntu on it.  I'm thinking of trying the F17 LiveCD and
seeing if it works.  If it does I may try to create the xorg.conf file
from the live image and trying that on the installed version.  Don't
know if that is even possible, but it's worth a try.

I'm also trying a different monitor. The one I was using is almost a
decade old, only goes to 1024X768 and suffers from the ridiculous EDID
checksum bug.  Maybe a new monitor will do the trick. If not, bugzilla
here I come.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant
markh at abemblem.com
Linux marius.homelinux 3.4.2-1.fc16.x86_64 GNU/Linux