Yum messing up again

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Jun 21 20:12:42 UTC 2012

Right now, I'm at Chaos Manor, housesitting, and using my laptop.  (F16
with Xfce)  I tried to run a routine update with yumex, but got this error:

ERROR: Error in yum Transaction : [u'ERROR with transaction check vs
depsolve:', 'python(abi) = 2.6 is needed by (installed)
rhpl-0.221-2.i686', u'Please report this error at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&version=rawhide&component=yum']

I tried again, telling it to Skip Broken and got the same error.  What
makes it odd is two things: 1) I have no rawhide repos selected and 2)
the package rhpl wasn't listed in the updates.  As suggested, I've
reported this as Bug #834417.  I'm not at all sure what's going on here,
because my desktop updated Just Fine this morning.  I'm mentioning this
so that anybody else running across this can add to my bug instead of
opening a duplicate.