bash command completion

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jun 22 00:53:45 UTC 2012

On 06/22/2012 08:25 AM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> Before F-17 I had become accustomed through experience to using <tab>, hit twice,
> to get a full list of the commands; perhaps you set it by default - at least in the
> release on the website. This time I upgraded through the link in the mail. Perhaps
> I asked this before and forgot the method: what is the proper command to get a
> list of all of the commands, and perhaps, how do I set it up through this <tab>
> shortcut?

The behavior was changed....  I'm guessing this is due to offering to show 4000+
possibilities a bit useless.  However, you can type a single letter + tab and get the
commands listed that start with that letter.

I'm taking a SWAG, but you'd probably have to edit
/usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion to get the old behavior back.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage