Weird freeze

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:25:23 UTC 2012

On 06/21/2012 11:47 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 08:18:03 -0700,
>   Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
>> Currently, my desktop's running F16, fully updated.  Just a few
>> minutes ago, I was reading my morning comics on-line when my box
>> froze.  Nothing responded.  Even the second hand on my desktop clock
>> stopped moving. Just as I was about to try for an alternate text
>> console, it rebooted itself and seems to be fine.  This is the third
>> or fourth time I've had it lock up in the past few months, but the
>> only time it's rebooted itself and, until I "upgraded" to F16 it
>> never happened.
>
> Check that your fans are all running and that there isn't a lot of
> dust blocking air flow.

Joe...really?...that would cause a REBOOT all by itself? Hmm......I
wouldn't have thought of that, I was thinking in the other
direction.....hackers....virus....altered config files etc. only because
a freeze is one thing....a complete reboot is something else
altogether.....and it's scary.....especially if there are windows or
web-pages open that have personal info....(banking...medical records etc...)

EGO II