Adobe no longer maintaining yum repo for flash-plugin

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:30:43 UTC 2012

On 06/22/2012 04:05 AM, Darlene Wallach wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/05/12 15:57, Andre Robatino wrote:
>>> Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm not sure what else to do. The Flash
>>> plugin
>>> was updated to 11.2.202.235 about a week ago.
>>
>> <snipped>
>> This may be the answer:
>> https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>>
>> "NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux as a
>> supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security backports to
>> Flash Player 11.2 for Linux."
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Frank
>> "Jack of all, fubars"
>>
> I thought everything was moving to HTML5
>
> Darlene Wallach
I had heard about this too, and went in search of alternatives, came up
with "Lightspark" and "Gnash". both of which run on my F16 laptop and
run well. I don't know why Adobe decided to pull the plug on Flash for
Linux, but it opened my eyes to some great alternatives that IMO seem to
work just fine.

EGO II