Adobe no longer maintaining yum repo for flash-plugin

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:28:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz
<mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl> wrote:
> Certain functionality is needed
> now and not in next 10 years, to make Linux (Fedora) the real player in
> OS market.

I believe the reason for dropping support for Flash on linux is Adobe
expects all modern browsers (except Google Chrome) to use a certain API
for Flash content on the web (I can't recall the name right now, but
this basically means no more plugins for Flash content). So all FOSS
browsers are free to implement the support for this API.

I don't know the details but if this makes all Flash sites start
working reliably on Linux, I would be willing to put up with work
arounds like using VMs for a year or two.

--
Suvayu