Record my desktop with Byzanz applet and f17/Gnome 3 panel

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Fri Jun 22 14:12:49 UTC 2012

Hi! ... with F14 I used byzanz for record my desktop and save it in a
GIF file.
In to F14 (gnome 2) there are a applet for start or stop the record, but
into Gnome3 this feature is missing. Now (byzanz 3.0.1) seem this
feature is back also for gnome 3

I have rebuild and install byzanz 3.0.1 with support to gnome 3 panel on
my f17

> [lesca at dodo rpmbuild]$ rpm -q byzanz
> byzanz-0.3.0.1-0.fc17.x86_64
>
> [lesca at dodo rpmbuild]$ rpm -ql byzanz|grep -Ev icons\|locale\|doc
> /etc/gconf/schemas/byzanz.schemas
> /usr/bin/byzanz-playback
> /usr/bin/byzanz-record
> /usr/libexec/byzanz-applet
> /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.panel.applet.ByzanzAppletFactory.service
> /usr/share/gnome-2.0/ui/byzanzapplet.xml
> /usr/share/gnome-panel/4.0/applets/org.gnome.ByzanzApplet.panel-applet
> /usr/share/man/man1/byzanz-playback.1.gz
> /usr/share/man/man1/byzanz-record.1.gz

My question is:
How to enable the /usr/libexec/byzanz-applet to see the start/stop
button on my desktop? It's this possible?
There is another way o apps "Gnome 3 enabled" for record my desktop?
There is an applet for gnome3 to start/stop build-in record desktop
( CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R )?

Many thanks for reply.

Dario Lesca - sip:dario at solinos.it
(Inviato dal mio Fedora Linux)