Adobe no longer maintaining yum repo for flash-plugin

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 22 17:05:47 UTC 2012

Frank Murphy <frankly3d <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/05/12 15:57, Andre Robatino wrote:
> > Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm not sure what else to do. The Flash
> > plugin was updated to 11.2.202.235 about a week ago.
>
> <snipped>
> This may be the answer:
> https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>
> "NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux
> as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security
> backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux."

To clear up the confusion, Adobe IS still maintaining the yum repo. For a while
it looked like they weren't, and I filed
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3185733 . After initially
closing it as notabug, they reopened it, and when -236 came out, they promptly
updated the yum repos (they never put -235 in the repos, though).

So there ARE security updates for Linux in the yum repos. Adobe apparently isn't
that concerned with keeping them up to date, considering that rather than
immediately fix the -235 issue, as they should have, they asked people to
"Please vote to help us prioritize this issue", and then never did anything even
though it got 6 votes. But they do push an update to the repos every now and
then (but not necessarily all of them).