An apology is required from me

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 23 01:00:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 14:34 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Back when I used Gnome, I occasionally posted questions on a Gnome
> forum.  I was told there, several times, that the Gnome devs did not
> follow this forum (I got the impression that they didn't follow *any*
> forum, but I don't think that was actually stated.) and that the only
> way to ask them a question was on their own list.

Is that any different to other projects?  e.g. Fedora developers use
their developer list, rather than the user list, because that's their
interest (making the software do what it's designed to do, however bad
the design; rather than the day to day minutia about how to use it that
the user list generally discusses, with far more messages than they want
to read).

Some projects have a plethora of different lists (design, debugging,
admin, usage, advocacy) and you really do need to use the right list to
get any results.  Perhaps a consensus from one list may cross over to
the other (e.g. a great design idea, once nutted out), but endless
debate in the wrong arena goes nowhere.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686