back button in firefox?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 23 01:04:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 11:21 -0500, Kevin Martin wrote:
> What I find interesting is that when this isn't working for me it
> appears that FireFox has cached the webpage that I'm currently on
> more than once.  I see this by holding down the back button and can
> see the same page listed multiple times (which means that when I
> click the back button I'm essentially going "back" to the same page as
> far as page history is concerned).

Often, that's down to sites that redirect you from one page to where
they want you to go, in a bad way (e.g. reload the new page at the prior
address, but there's other techniques that do the same thing).  Making
it virtually impossible to go backwards, unless you can go back in your
history, directly, to a page before their redirect started.  Leaving you
with virtually no alternative than to navigate via the links written in
their pages.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686