Adobe no longer maintaining yum repo for flash-plugin

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 13:12:18 UTC 2012

On 06/22/2012 08:47 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 14:28 +0200, suvayu ali wrote:
>> I don't know the details but if this makes all Flash sites start
>> working reliably on Linux, I would be willing to put up with work
>> arounds like using VMs for a year or two.
> If by "VM" you mean Windows software working in a virtual machine, then
> that's /not/ something I'm willing to do.  Even if my hardware was meaty
> enough to run one OS inside another, or partial emulations of the
> Windows environment, I don't want any part of that lousy programming
> scheme on my PC.
>
> I really do not see using Windows inside a box, inside a box, as being
> any better than just running Windows natively.  The entire ethos of
> programming for Windows seems to be done by idiots.  For instance, how
> many decades of buffer overruns does it take before they get it through
> their thick heads that you have to handle input properly?  Or that you
> don't just execute random data coming through the internet?  Or that
> dropping security, running as admin, etc, is not the correct answer to
> working around some daft programming?

Had to bust out laughing after reading this! I agree with you Tim! I
think the only reason someone would go the VM route would be to access
or do something on a Windows box without having to give up their Linux.
As for the buffer overruns and other "maladies" seen on Windows
throughout the years, from the B.S.O.D.'s to the system freezes, it
seems that most of the moves made by Windows and Microsoft in general
were geared towards making as much money as they possibly could! LoL!
Thanks for giving me a morning joke!