f17 x86_64 :: yumex broken

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 24 09:18:02 UTC 2012

On 06/24/2012 04:57 PM, Daniel wrote:
> As I understand it, this is a known bug, and whether it appears is a function of
> whether one did a clean install or effected an upgrade.
>
> And (as I understand it) it can be repaired either by downgrading yumex or by
> altering one's path.

Well....  In the bugzilla I see...

    how does your path look like ?

    echo $PATH

    If you have /bin before /usr/bin in your path you will get this issue

And my $PATH is...

/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/lib/ccache:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/egreshko/.local/bin:/home/egreshko/bin

So, I *do* have /bin before /usr/bin and I don't have the issue.

This was a fresh install of F17....  So, maybe that only holds for upgrades when /bin
was not a link as it is now.

However, to verify....

explicitly calling /bin/yumex does fail.

On a side note....  I notice that your replies don't have a "References" header.
Hope this isn't a new "feature" of TB 13.  It is breaking treads on TB 12.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage