Problems with update -- redhat-lsb conflicts

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:17:27 UTC 2012

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:55:28 -0400 (EDT), Max Pyziur wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Apologies, but I'm arriving late to this discussion.
>
> I've just gone through a re-install (F15->F16) and now an upgrade
> (F16->F17).
>
> I've encountered the same problem that has been lenghthily discussed. I
> also see that it impacts the upgrade of gtk2, cairo, and several other
> packages.

It only affects those packages if you don't know about running
"yum --skip-broken update" yet. If you disagree, post the Yum output.

> Is this situation still awaiting a resolution?

You can get a status update by visiting the two tickets that have
been posted related to this.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.4.3-1.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.81 0.85 0.87