fedora 17: systemctl cannot start mysqld

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 25 14:22:13 UTC 2012

Am 25.06.2012 16:18, schrieb fedora:
> Hi listers
> Sofar (i.e. up to fedora 15) no problem to start mysqld at system startup.
>
> Since i did a fresh install of fedora 17, no more startup of mysqld at sysemboot.
>
> I call
> systemctl start mysqld.service
>
> and it hangs forever

maybe some side-effect of the dumb still using of mysqld_safe
thats why i define since F15 my own mysqld.service which
worked perfectly long before any fedora-package and respects
service ordering of mysqld-dependent services

this one blow is untouched since a long time and working
from F15 until F17 unchanged

[Unit]
Description=MySQL Database
Before=postfix.service dovecot.service dbmail-imapd.service dbmail-lmtpd.service dbmail-pop3d.service
dbmail-postfix-policyd.service

[Service]
Type=simple
PIDFile=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/mysqld-prepare-db-dir
ExecStart=/usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
--socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock --open-files-limit=30000 --basedir=/usr --user=mysql
ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/mysqld-wait-ready $MAINPID
ExecStop=/bin/kill -15 $MAINPID
Restart=always
RestartSec=1
TimeoutSec=300