ping problem

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Jun 25 20:38:54 UTC 2012

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Now all you have to do is, since you've overwritten everything, is to sit around and
> scratch your head and ask.....  "Was the sha256sum correct before I reinstalled?  Was
> that ping command the "real" ping or was it dropped in by nefarious means?".

It would have been beneficial for us if JD was able to describe what he
was doing to his system and provide a SHA1 sum prior to reinstall, but
this issue has come up before[1] and the OP never replies after they
have their problem fixed.

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2012-February/413562.html