F17 XDMCP

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Jun 26 17:16:34 UTC 2012

On 06/25/2012 02:27 PM, Ken Smith wrote:
> Oddly, on my remote X server when I run "X -query machinename :1" the
> desktop of the remote X server freezes when connecting to this rogue F17
> install.

I noticed the same thing when I tried to use F17 as the XDMCP server for
a CentOS 6 X11 display.  I didn't look into it much, then.  I just ran
it again, and noticed that it's printing the following to the console.
It looks like XDMCP isn't disabled, but may be exposing a bug in
previous versions of the X11 display server.  See if you're getting a
similar message on the system console.

*** glibc detected *** X: free(): corrupted unsorted chunks:
0x00000000018fe830 ***
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x3c9d275296]
X(SrvXkbResizeKeyType+0x4ef)[0x50ecdf]
X[0x508db5]
X[0x509a08]
X[0x4321a1]
X[0x421ebb]
/lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xfd)[0x3c9d21ecdd]
X[0x421a49]