Installing Fedora on a USB connected Harddrive.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Jun 26 18:56:04 UTC 2012

On 06/26/2012 11:29 AM, Jim wrote:
> Yes the CD will boot off another computer.

OK, that's one possibility eliminated.  Always good to make sure.

>   And Dell isn't going to be much help with a old computer and me
> installing Linux, they will only give advice on Windows, and the CHARGE
> you for it.

I'm not familiar with Dell, and had no idea how old the computer is.
Are there any help forums or mailing lists for Dell you can ask on?
(Not that I'm trying to shove you off, but you may need specialized
assistance.)  I do know, as an example, that there's a mailing list for
people running Linux on Toshiba laptops, because I'm on it.