Fedora 17 boot problem

Mark Haney markh at abemblem.com
Tue Jun 26 19:00:59 UTC 2012

On 06/26/2012 01:52 PM, Arkadiusz Kotarba wrote:
> Hi.
> After installation everything I see is the top edge of the screen, rest
> is just black. No matter if I install from livecd/dvd or try upgrading
> from Fedora 16 through dvd installer. Same if I try to boot with 3
> instead of rhgb and quiet options (runlevel 3 if I remember correctly).
> Fedora 16 was running fine, without any problems.
>
> Hardware: Phenom II X6 1090T, AMD HD 6870, 8GB RAM, HDD WD 1TB
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advice.
> Athane

I just ordered a Phenom II X6 for my system.  I have F17 up and running
on it, I can let you know off list if I have any trouble after I put the
new CPU in.

Personally I don't think that would be the problem, but you never know.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant
markh at abemblem.com
Linux marius.homelinux 3.4.2-1.fc16.x86_64 GNU/Linux