How to limit maximum number of TCP connections

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jun 27 13:39:47 UTC 2012

Am 27.06.2012 11:34, schrieb Jatin K:
> On 06/27/2012 02:14 PM, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
>> On 06/27/2012 08:57 AM, Jatin K wrote:
>> Your requirement is not clearly described.
>> The PCs do not do "connections" to the router, they do connections
>> to the outside world, the router is just moving packets for them.
>> "Number of concurrent connections" and "number of concurrent sessions"
>> is also difficult to define.
>>
>> Are you really talking about a router or are you using a wrong word
>> for your proxy, VPN, ...?
>>
> I'm talking about a Linux machine as a router
>
> in simple meaning .... I want to allow only ( any ) 90 PCs out of 145 PCs to go the outside word/Internet through
> router. If 91st request comes to the router it must be blocked/rejected

ouch - you are missing network basics at all
there is nothing such a "tcp connection" representing the number of workstations
even any workstation can and will have much moire than one connection

what you are proposing here is not and will never be possible
due the way networks, TCP and what you not minded UDP are
supposed to work