How to limit maximum number of TCP connections

Jatin K ssh.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:27:44 UTC 2012

On 06/27/2012 07:43 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 15:39:47 +0200,
>   Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> ouch - you are missing network basics at all
>
> I think it is also an issue of what he is really trying to do. Other
> than an experiment it really doesn't make sense to only allow
> connections from only 90 of 145 PCs to outside of the local LAN. A
> statement of what problem he is really trying to solve might result in
> some guidance.
well..... suppose I've 5 clients in my office ( say A,B, C, D, E ) and a
linux box which is working as a router ( gateway ), I want  to allow
only 4 concurrent pcs to access the Internet, say if A,B,C,D is using
internet then fifth client E can not access the internet until any of
previous connected clients ( A,B,C, or D) gets disconnected/session ended

now can you understand what I want to say ???

--
   °v°
  /(_)\