How to limit maximum number of TCP connections

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jun 28 12:45:35 UTC 2012

Am 28.06.2012 08:27, schrieb Jatin K:

>> Seriously?
> yes, its my client's requirement ......  I can understand its not the way to go ....
> but he pays me for this ... I'm a service provider .. I have to do what they
> said and want to do

there is really a differece between service probider and
tech bitch  doing all for money independent how wrong it is :-)

>> I think you need to state the problem you are trying to solve....not ask for a
>> solution which really sounds wrong headed.
>>
> how can you prove its wrong ... they need this kind of configurations, and my duty is to provide the solutions what
> they need if its possible....

but it is not possible and all you can give your customer is
a crappy solution which will not really work

HTTP as example is stateless
so no, you can not limit "number of tcp connections" on a central
machine to limit number of clients with internet access