Fedora 17 and USB 3.0

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Jun 29 01:34:35 UTC 2012

On 06/28/2012 05:47 PM, Muhammad A. Fatahna wrote:
>> Is Fedora 17 compatible with USB-3.0 ?
>
> I thinks no problem, because i've been use Harddisk Portable (support
> USB-3) it's work very well.

You can plug any USB 1.1 or USB 2 device into a USB 3 port and it'll
work...but at whatever speed the device is capable of.

USB 3 devices will work at USB 2 speeds. You won't get USB 3 speeds
without a USB 3 driver for the port and I don't think any of the
current drivers are USB 3. I could be wrong there.
-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -