Evolution loses its data.

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Fri Jun 29 07:30:12 UTC 2012

On 29.06.2012 08:41, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 29.06.2012, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
>
>> Use Thunderbird, it's more stable at last in my case.
> Don't know if this is important, but if he uses Evolution as an
> Outlook replacement (this is what I do at work, to avoid using
> Wind*ws), Thunderbird won't fit his needs, because there is no mapi
> or Exchange support.

Yes, that is the case for using Evolution instead of Thunderbird.

Now, how can we help OP diagnose the problem?

1. Check that everything is ok with your home directory and it's
read/write mounted and file system is consistent.
2. Check SELinux policies (you should already have seen some alerts).
3. If 1 and 2 are positive (no problems there) then it might be a
problem in Evolution.

Mateusz Marzantowicz