Help needed for NFS behind a firewall on F17

Jouk Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Fri Jun 29 08:17:22 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm running a NFS-server on a F17 system. Normally I set it to use fixed
ports by inserting (as the system-config-nfs tool does) the following lines
in /etc/sysconf/nfs :

LOCKD_TCPPORT=4000
STAD_PORT=4002
RQUOTAD_PORT=4003
LOCKD_UDPPORT=4000
MOUNTD_PORT=4003

After restarting nfs I check the ports used with "rpcinfo -p"
It appears that only lockd is running on the specified port (4000), the
other not.
What am I not doing correct?
How do I get the other nfs-services use ports 4001-4003?

                Jouk

Pax, vel iniusta, utilior est quam iustissimum bellum.
    (free after Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 b.Chr.-46 b.Chr.)
     Epistularum ad Atticum 7.1.4.3)

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd