Evolution loses its data.

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 29 08:56:16 UTC 2012

On 29/06/12 09:05, quicksort wrote:

> Plaform: Fedora 17 x64
>
> Evolution loses its data and launches the Setup Assistant.
> Upon reboot everything is OK.
>
> I don't like Windows because of its poor performances but
> I am getting tired of Linux utilities bugs. Too much is
> too much. I wish Fedora secondary programs were developed
> with the same care Red Hat programmers designed their rock
> solid kernels.

The problem I have with the above post is that we do not know what
hardware is being used or how apps are installed and configured.
Fedora 17 is still very new and is almost guaranteed to have bugs,
faults, clangers, difficulties, etc. It comes with the territory of
cutting edge software.
I have used Firefox, Thunderbird, Epiphany, Chromium and others with no
problems in both Ubuntu and Fedora versions for years with no ill
effect.  I tried Evolution years ago but not since.
I may fresh install Fedora 18 when the time comes.

May I suggest that if apps have bugs simply try some other similar app.
Or possibly go back to Fedora 16 which is more stable.

Or simply wait and the problem will be resolved.
Roger