Would-be local mirror in Argentina...

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Jun 29 13:53:03 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> said:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> > If you read further down in the document you'll see this....
> >
> > "You may exclude any content you desire, such as architectures, using an EXCLUDES file."
>
> Well call me stupid then but the 1.2TB statement at the top clearly is
> misleading.

It is the rough size of the whole thing, which is what a lot of mirrors
carry.  You have to start somewhere.

FYI: on my mirror, I exclude the debuginfo packages (the debug/
subdirectories) because they are huge and rarely downloaded (and I
didn't have enough space for something lightly used).  I have everything
else that is on the Fedora master (versions, arches, etc.); that's using
around 465G right now.  That'll drop by as much as 130G when Fedora 15
is rolled to the archive instead of main (I don't have enough space to
mirror the archive).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>