Cannot find valid baseurl for rpmfusion repo

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 29 20:15:33 UTC 2012

Am 29.06.2012 22:05, schrieb n2xssvv.g02gfr12930:
>> how comes? my systems are working since many years
>> on many many fedora setups and a local repo was never
>> a solution for anything
>
> Well that doesn't mean it never will be, does it?

it will never be a solution in case of the OP's problem

> I use a shared local repo on my LAN so I can update multiple machines
> without downloading the same RPMs multiple times.

this is a different topic

i have installed a local cache-repo in my compamny many years ago
on a dediacted build/update/admin-VM and all other machines have only
this machine as package-source, but as said: this has nothing to do
with the OP's problem

>>> the method I outlined worked for me on both Fedora 16 and Fedora 17
>> which does not mean that the overhead of your method
>> has any benefit
>
> Have you even tried it?

my god why should i try to put rpmfusion repo-packages
ina local one for a one-shot install?

>> again: how comes that you think i have any sproblem?
>
> You do have a problem, an invalid url in a yum configuration for
> RPMFusion when trying to configure using the supplied
> setup RPM

jesus christ I HAVE NO SINGLE PROBLEM
teh OP has a problem and your suggestion is no solution for him

> How does a local repo qualify has snakeoil? You appear to be quick to
> dismiss it for what I consider very flimsy reasoning that in reality
> amounts to your preferred methods.
>
> From what I can gather that failed url came about by using yum and the
> RPM supplied by RPMFusion

how would put the rpmudison package sin a local repo
change them?

> It is certainly possible the RPM you downloaded has been corrupted, and
> if it was a problem from RPMFusion I think many more people would

and how would a local-repo as you suggestet where
you put the corrupted files in change this?

> Well, all the best, and I hope you resolve the problem, and better still
> discover what caused it.

again: you should read more careful who is repsonding what to
you and who has problems or not :-)