Cannot find valid baseurl for rpmfusion repo

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 29 20:35:36 UTC 2012

On 06/29/2012 09:15 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 29.06.2012 22:05, schrieb n2xssvv.g02gfr12930:
>>> how comes? my systems are working since many years
>>> on many many fedora setups and a local repo was never
>>> a solution for anything
>> Well that doesn't mean it never will be, does it?
> it will never be a solution in case of the OP's problem
>
>> I use a shared local repo on my LAN so I can update multiple machines
>> without downloading the same RPMs multiple times.
> this is a different topic
>
> i have installed a local cache-repo in my compamny many years ago
> on a dediacted build/update/admin-VM and all other machines have only
> this machine as package-source, but as said: this has nothing to do
> with the OP's problem

>>> which does not mean that the overhead of your method
>>> has any benefit
>> Have you even tried it?
> my god why should i try to put rpmfusion repo-packages
> ina local one for a one-shot install?
>
>>> again: how comes that you think i have any sproblem?
>> You do have a problem, an invalid url in a yum configuration for
>> RPMFusion when trying to configure using the supplied
>> setup RPM
> jesus christ I HAVE NO SINGLE PROBLEM
> teh OP has a problem and your suggestion is no solution for him
>
>> How does a local repo qualify has snakeoil? You appear to be quick to
>> dismiss it for what I consider very flimsy reasoning that in reality
>> amounts to your preferred methods.
>>
>> From what I can gather that failed url came about by using yum and the
>> RPM supplied by RPMFusion
> how would put the rpmudison package sin a local repo
> change them?
>
>> It is certainly possible the RPM you downloaded has been corrupted, and
>> if it was a problem from RPMFusion I think many more people would
> and how would a local-repo as you suggestet where
> you put the corrupted files in change this?
>

>> Well, all the best, and I hope you resolve the problem, and better still
>> discover what caused it.
> again: you should read more careful who is repsonding what to
> you and who has problems or not :-)

I make no apologies for trying to help, but it appears to be a futile
experience in this case. You are entitled to your opinion, as you are
entirely convinced that you have made yourself clear, well if that was
so, how come I have misunderstood the purpose of your post? More to the
point you make a post, apparently already knowing the answer, which does
seem rather pointless to me. But given we appear to talking at cross
purposes I doubt you will agree, or perhaps even understand.

cpp4ever