Postfix and Postgrey

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jun 30 18:52:42 UTC 2012

Am 30.06.2012 12:45, schrieb jarmo:
> Has anyone managed get Postgrey working with postfix in F17?

yes, working fine since F12 here

> I have huge problems.
> postfix/smtpd[10641]: warning: connect to 127.0.0.1:10031: Connection
> refused Jun 30 10:22:05 oh1rdf postfix/smtpd[10641]: warning: problem
> talking to server 127.0.0.1:10031: Connection refused Jun 30 10:22:05

postgrey does not run!
however why are you using TCP here instead a socket?
AFAIk TCP is not default on Fedora and useless overhead

maybe there was a db4-update in the past
move files in "/var/spool/postfix/postgrey" somewhere else
while the service is stopped and try to start it again

this would mean psotgrey has to "learn" again, but it
is the fastest way for a clean db4-env and should help

> I have had this working with old Mandriva, now I chaged into F17.
> Earlier needed only line in /postfix/main.cf:
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
> permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination, check_policy_service

this line is cutted!

this is the option i am usibng since years:
check_policy_service unix:/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket
_________________________

i am using a rebuild of postgrey since a very long time
with a different systemd-unit: which can be also placed
in /etc/systemd/system to get not overwritten be regular updates

CAUTION: systemctl disbale postgrey.service BEFORE and
systemctl enable postgrey.service AFTER changing unit-file
_________________________

[root at mail:~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/postgrey
OPTIONS="--unix=/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket --auto-whitelist-clients=2 --max-age=35 --delay=300
--greylist-text=\"Greylisted for %s seconds\" --quiet"

[root at mail:~]$ cat /lib/systemd/system/postgrey.service
[Unit]
Description=Postfix Greylisting Service
Before=postfix.service

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/postgrey --unix=/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket --daemonize
Restart=always
RestartSec=1

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target