k3b and create image

Andy Blanchard zocalo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 23:28:12 UTC 2012

On 1 July 2012 00:08, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/30/2012 03:58 PM, Andy Blanchard wrote:
> Thanx Andy.
> I do know what wav files are.
> I was hoping to delete them and use just the one
> file which krb says is the image. I was under the
> impression it would produce a .img file. But I was
> disappointed. Apparently becase an audio CD is
> made of multiple tracks, once cannot create a .img
> or a .iso of it.

You can indeed make an image of an audio CD, although it's not an ISO9660
image as there's no filesystem as such on an audio CD. What you have
instead is something known as a "TOC", or "Table of Contents" file which is
written out as ASCII text.  I suspect K3B has created a raw image for you,
but either not written out the TOC or you've not understood its
significance.

I can see where you are trying to go, but I don't think you're going to
find a solution that's very well supported by media players.  Most of us
create a directory for each CD then put the transcoded audio files, plus
any cover art images, playlists, etc. in there.

--
Andy

*The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe*