gphoto2 image directory -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 1 19:53:16 UTC 2012

On 01/03/12 14:30, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>         Can someone tell me how/where to set where the gphoto2 image
>>         files are stored? I don't want them dumped to /home/bobg/.
>>
>>         I can find all kinds of information except this most basic need.
>
> I don't use gphoto2, but does it write to the current working directory?
>
> Can you try running it from inside the directory you want the files to
> be written to?

        Ah yes, it didn't occur to me to try that. However I wonder if
        there isn't a place to set it to always copy to
        /home/bobg/Pictures/digicam/ ?

        I'll just make a note to always start from that directory. There
        are just too many other problems to deal with like the F16 XFCE
        Live Spin requires that I run USB devices as root or set
        "setfacl -m u:bobg:rw- /dev/bus/usb/001/003" each time I start.

        And now I bought a set of lectures on DVD and find I can't play
        DVD's!

        Aargh!

        Thank you for the help,

        Bob