Microphone does not work with Skype

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Mar 2 14:30:58 UTC 2012

On 03/02/2012 03:08 PM, Elliott Chapin wrote:
> On 03/02/2012 08:26 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have just installed Skype on F16 x64, which is working fine except
>> the microphone -- I can view and hear the other call party, but she
>> cannot hear. Is there some way to repair this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Paul
>  start
> What does it for me is to run a test call before the real call (let
> Skype adjust levels).

I'm using an USB webcam with integrated microphone  (logitech), and I
had the same problem with skype, until I openend the sound system
settings in gnome-shell, and I saw 2 input devices: One of the soundcard
(I have no attached microphone there!) and that of the webcam (USB).
Switching the microphone to that of the webcam by the system settings
sound menu solved my problem. There is only one issue: I have to repeat
this procedure each time I start sky again.

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes