Microphone does not work with Skype

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Mar 2 18:54:17 UTC 2012

Hi there,

>Thanks to all respondents! I have meanwhile changed something on the
>audio settings and got Skype working fine. However, I changed
>something afterwards, and now the microphone does not work anymore
>with Skype. Is there some program to test the microphone?

One of my machines only works after I use alsamixer in text mode to enable and adjust mic. I have also to uncheck skype config option "allow skype to set audio levels" or something like this. But I have to do this ony once for each Fedora install.

To test if the mic works outside skype, try the "audio recorder" from gnome-media-aps

[]s, Fernando Lozano