Need help USB modem

Doug Kuvaas doug.kuvaas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:18:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Roger <arelem at bigpond.com> wrote:

> On 03/03/12 00:21, Antonio Olivares wrote:

It sounds like you are making some progress at least.  I came across this
while looking for more information:

http://us.generation-nt.com/answer/sierra-aircard-312u-not-connecting-help-203152682.html

Which basically says that the usb device address is incorrect and needs to
be changed.

Try using different USB device files in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0

The line of interest is MODEMPORT=/dev/ttyUSB3

See if maybe ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, or ttyUSB2 work instead (provided it is
using ttyUSB3).