Can't access DVD - CORRECTION -

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Mar 3 01:24:50 UTC 2012

On 03/03/2012 09:12 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>       Probably as much as because I've always done it that way as any.
>        I like to see the boot messages and don't always need to bring
>        up the desktop display right away.
>
>        Is there some reason I should not do that, other than that it
>        may be contributing to some problems presently, problems that
>        were not anticipated and never happened before?

Well, in reading the bugzillas you brought up they all point to your
issues being connected with the "startx" process and its adverse effect
on Xfce.  If I were in your position, I'd be changing to the normal
runlevel 5 start-up rather than fighting and fixing stuff.  I'm just
lazy that way.  :-)

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis