Can't access DVD - CORRECTION -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Mar 3 09:40:49 UTC 2012

On 02/03/12 21:00, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 03/03/2012 09:54 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> Yeah; I used to be like that until I realized that I was spending
>> almost all of my time in X and stopped booting to a CLI.  However, if
>> you're using XFCE, you should be using startxfce4 instead of startx.
>> HTH, HAND.
> FYI, startxfce4 also fails to provide the needed changes to the acls.

        And for whatever reason "startxfce4" is rarely needed. In the
        past when it has been "startx" simply produced a black screen.
        Then after doing "startxfce4" one time "startx" would work on
        subsequent "boots." With the xfce spin it has not been
        necessary, startx has always worked from the first boot. My
        observations as a user of xfce for several years.