Disk Druid and RAID 10 Partitions

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Mar 3 12:39:27 UTC 2012

why do we witch now to top-posting?
this destorys readability

i heard from some troubles with Fedora 16 and RAID
currently no topic for me

> tried installing it on the raid device

this can only be wrong

the bootloader can not act with any RAID device
that is why /boot needs to be RAID1 or a single disk
at boot time it is handeled like a single-disk and
that is also why you need to install the boot-loader
manually on the other drives to have a bootable
machine if your first fails