recommend some info on hot to upgrade from F15 to F16 using preupgrade

Martín Marqués martin.marques at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 12:07:00 UTC 2012

2012/3/2 Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 17:01:12 -0300
> Martín Marqués <martin.marques at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That's all I want (what's in the subject).
>>
>> I've had some headaches with preupgrade, basically, I guess, because I
>> have /var on another partition.
>
> Preupgrade randomly fails anyway. Its great when it works but it's a bit
> of a russian roulette experience.
>
> 1. Make a backup
>
> 2. Check your backup
>
> 3. Install the fedora-release-* rpms from F16

I found out that sometimes you have to do a "yum clean metadata" after
installing the release packages. Else, yum thinks he's still with the
old version (15 in this case).

I'm going to try it this way. haven't done it since F2 -> F3, so let's
see how it goes.

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador