Need help USB modem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 4 12:11:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-04 at 10:52 +1100, Roger wrote:
> 2. There is very little to no assistance for students at their level of
> understanding, it is all highly technical and way out of the mindset of
> 14-18 year olds.

Hey what?  My experience has been that most people in that age bracket
have been more interested in playing with technical toys than people my
own age.  And back when I worked at my local high school, it was a fair
bet that most of the students with home computers were more savvy than
the staff who used the school computers.

Even these days, it's the same situation.  The school is full of
computers, but they don't teach computing (programming).  They're mostly
just glorified toys.

> Please if possible help our students with solutions and where a Linux
> solution is needed, lose the "them/us mentality.

One of the reasons that there are separate Fedora and Ubuntu support
lists and forums is that the problems and solutions are different.
They're not universal.  Sometimes you can work out how to customise the
solution to the other distribution to suit yours, but not always.

Even between different releases of Fedora, the answer to a similar
problem can be quite different.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686