preupgrade to Fedora 16 with grub2 upgrade failure?

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Mar 5 23:38:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:01:19 +1000
"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net> wrote:

> Did a preupgrade from Fedora 14 to Fedora 16 on a system, and
> everything seemed to go fine except the grub was not updated to
> the grub2 as other upgrades I had done had.

Welcome to Fedora 16 hell 8) Grub2 can handle this fine but it needs to be
told to do it via a map file which it won't do by default and which
preupgrade is apparently too dim to offer you as a choice.

I seem to remember grub-install or grub2-install docs contained the
relevant incantation to tell it STFU and do what it was told.

Alan