switching on wireless after minimal install: f16

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 21:12:04 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, 7. March 2012. 13.58.50 Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Interesting! Because the wireless is used to do the minimal install.
>
> Anaconda uses NetworkManager.

If I may chime in a bit... If anaconda uses NetworkManager for the minimal
install, then NM should be a part of the minimal install, right? Or else, NM
should be available on the minimal install boot media, so that the OP can use
it somehow to activate his wireless network.

I believe it would be quite funny to have wireless option during the
installation, but not afterwards. The user should be able to activate wireless
after the installation in the same way anaconda can do it during the
installation. The question is how exactly to do it.

I'd like to know the answer to this one too... ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko