Permanently set screen brightness

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:06:17 UTC 2012

2012/3/7, Bruno Martins <bmomartins at gmail.com>:
> Hello list,
>
> Is there any file that I must edit which sets the default screen
> brightness to the maximum, so I don't need to change it every time I
> restart my computer?

If something like

echo 10 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness

works for you (as root), then you could put it in /etc/rc.local.
Hopefully your gnome/kde/whatever will not overwrite it.

(I'm not sure about 10 beeing tha maximum. To find the right value,
adjust brightness to your liking and then cat
/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness)

Andras