Problem with RTL8178

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:34:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:23, Jonathan Allen
<jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk> wrote:
>> F14 is out of support so security holes in thr browser etc are not being
>> fixed. I'd suggest F16 with another desktop.
>
> So, as a novice, how do I switch the default desktop on F16 to the old Gnome
> that was used in F14?

Another desktop cannot be Gnome 2. Fedora ships only one version of
Gnome, Gnome 3. I would suggest you install KDE, XFCE, LXDE or
whatever suits your tastes. And simply choose the desktop environment
while logging in. That should set the default desktop for future
logins.

If you like using nice GUIs, I would suggest KDE. On the other hand if
you prefer something lightweight, try XFCE or LXDE.

HTH

--
Suvayu