IPTable Rules... again

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 8 15:42:37 UTC 2012

Am 08.03.2012 16:16, schrieb nullv at gmx.com:
> for some reason I can't make a connection to the external mail
> server from inside the lan. even from the 10.0.0.3 address which
> should be allowed to do anything. everything used to work when i
> used MASQUERADing but stopped once i switched to SNAT. Can anybody
> help me? What am I doing wrong??

what you are doing wrong is change working things
the following works perfectly (eth1: WAN, eth0: LAN)

iptables -t filter -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -t filter -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -t filter -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -P PREROUTING ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -P POSTROUTING ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -d 192.168.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
ipatbles -A POSTROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.1.0/24 -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE

-A INPUT -i eth1 -j ACCEPT

you do not really want input independent of the state

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT