perlTk

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Thu Mar 8 15:46:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 03:07:55PM +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> My understanding is that there is 2 Tk installed:
> perl-Tk-804.028-12.fc14.i686
> in /usr/lib/perl5
> and one in
> /usr/local/lib/perl5
> which probably due to cpan
> Tk-804.029-pvHDks
> Some perl packages are not available
> from fedora and I had to use cpan. It looks like that a second Tk had
> then be installed.
> cpan does not allow to uninstall the packages, thus I probably
> need to do it manually, or is it better to uninstall the rpm package?

Well, the installation under /usr/local seems to be older, and seems to be
broken (it's missing Tk.so), so I'd stick with the rpm version.  Just
manually delete the various Tk* files from under /usr/local, as listed
earlier.

--
Justice is when you get what you deserve.
Law is when you get what you pay for.