[solved] Re: to ibus or not to ibus, that is the question

夜神 岩男 supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Mar 9 06:57:10 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 09:06 AM, Peter Gueckel wrote:
> Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>
>> If you don't know what it is, most probably you don't need
>> it.
>
> It's odd that is would say "recommended" when the mojority of users would never
> need it, but, no matter, I have disabled it again.

Most of us in the rest of the world use this thousands of keystrokes
every day. If this were to be overlooked in a distro it would be
completely unusable. Native language input for languages associated with
roughy half the world's landmass require this.

I'm unsure whether this means an American English base install should
mark it as "recommended", but since packaging guidelines are
region/language agnostic the simple answer is to leave listed as
"recommended".

-IY