Permanently set screen brightness

Bruno Martins bmomartins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:07:55 UTC 2012

On 03/08/2012 04:04 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> Is there any file that I must edit which sets the default screen
>> brightness to the maximum, so I don't need to change it every time I
>> restart my computer?
> On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 10:06 +0100, Andras Simon wrote:
>> echo 10 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
> There is no such file structure on my Dell laptop Latitude D810.
> Where you have acpi_videos on a dell you have; dell_backlight. None of
> the files in that directory do what you are attempting to do.
I have that file, but setting that value to 10 is the same as going to
Screen GUI and scrolling the brightness to the maximum.
Value doesn't get fixed after restart. Maybe GNOME 3.x is overwriting
this setting.

I think that in the past this was the file I was struggling with. :-)

Any other tip?

Best regards,

--

Bruno Martins